Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer's Princess

Kennedy had a BUSY summer!  It started with her very first dance recital.  She was SO excited and looked absolutely adorable!  She had two whole rows full of spectators!  Even though I'm a little bit biased, she was definitely the most beautiful ballerina out there!  Unfortunately, towards the end, she tripped, but she even fell with poise and grace!

Then it was her birthday.  I can't believe she's already 7!  She's growing up SO fast!  She LOVES the Wizard of Oz, so we went to see "Wicked" in Dallas...my all-time FAVORITE musical!  My favorite part was when Glinda says something about "Dodo," and Kennedy shouted out, "His name is TOTO!"  Too cute!
No Oz birthday is complete without a yellow brick road and ruby slippers!


Her sister was even sweet enough to wear a matching outfit!

We had the kids most of the month of July, which was really fun!  We spent a lot of time in the pool, relaxing around the house, and went to Dallas (to be detailed in a later blog post).  Our month of "kid time" culminated with Kennedy and I going to church camp...which almost didn't happen!  Kennedy was registered for camp, but couldn't go unless I was there to monitor her blood sugar overnight.  Unfortunately, I wasn't needed as a counselor this summer, so that put us between a rock and a hard place.  We met with Pastor Karen, and Kennedy was allowed to go as a day camper Thursday and Friday.  I am so glad she was able to go...she had SO much fun!  She really wants to be able to go for the whole camp next year...I hope we can work something out!
Look at me!  I'm a fish!


Playing in the mud pit!


Me, Kennedy, and her new BFF, Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment