Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fun With Bo-Nana

So, the kids have always called my parents Sherry and David.  Didn't bother me or my parents, because they're not their "original" grandparents, but for some reason it bothered Scott...not to mention if I ever have a baby, they'll call my parents whatever their siblings do.  So, we started to brainstorm what they could call them.  Since Scott's parents were Grandma and Papa, I wanted my parents to be called something different.  Mimi and Granddad were also out of the question, because that's what they called Jen's parents.  So, we decided on Nana and Grandpa.  Nana didn't go over too well with Kennedy when it was first introduced, but when we went to Dallas this summer, Kaitlin managed to transform Nana into Bo-Nana, and it became an instant hit!  We really did have a fantastic time in Dallas (as usual!)...here's how the week progressed:
Friday: The kids and I drove to Dallas, while my dad flew down to pick up Scott after work.  We had a really nice steak dinner with my parents, Mark, Aunt Judy, and Uncle Paul.
Saturday: We went to Medieval Times...which was SO much fun!  Although our knight didn't win the tournament, he was very handsome, and he did throw his carnation to Kennedy.  Kaitlin and Harrison preferred booing the green knight...and he seemed to enjoy the taunting.

Loves the Blue Knight
Sunday:  Loved seeing everyone at Northway!  Afterwards, we played in the pool and had dinner with Paul and Tiffany...SO FUN!
Monday: We spent the day at Hurricane Harbor.  Kennedy wasn't ready for many of the big rides, so my mom and Scott alternated spending time with her while the older two and I (and sometimes Scott) waited in line for thrill ride after thrill ride.  Despite the amount of time spent in line, we had a blast!
Tuesday:  Scott had to go back to Austin and help his mom out, but before he left we went ice skating at the Galleria.  It wasn't as cold as we thought it would be, but it was still a lot of fun!  While my mom delivered Scott to my father's office for a pre-flight teeth cleaning, the kids and I went shopping!  I was so proud of them...my mom gave each of them cash to spend, and they all bought cute school clothes instead of junk!

Ice Skating: Daddy, Kennedy, and Bo-Nana

Ice Skating: Harrison, Kennedy, and Daddy

Wednesday: We went to see Toy Story 3.  Such a sweet movie!  What made it even better, though, was that we were at a theatre that instead of normal seats had couches, ottomans, and pillows...so comfy!  Afterwards we went to Paul and Tiffany's to swim, make our own pizzas, and a much needed haircut! 
Thursday:  I went to see my daddy for a teeth cleaning while my mom swam with the kids, then we loaded up and headed home...then off to the hill country...the kids to Marble Falls for a family reunion, and us to Fredericksburg for some wine tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment