Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Boys Of Summer"

Blake and Scott both have early July birthdays, so Emily and I decided to throw them a joint birthday party.  I think we thought it might have been cheaper than throwing two separate parties, but I highly doubt it ended up that way.  Since we both love 80's music and it was July, we decided on a "Totally Tahiti" theme...with "Boys of Summer" as an obvious theme song.  We planned the party for months, and I think the prep turned out better than we could have imagined!

Scott's birthday cake


The Birthday boys and the pinata

The slide...yes, that's my mom!

There were basically three invitation lists: Blake's friends/family, Scott's friends/family, and CD Fulkes friends/family.  Although there was a great turnout, none of Scott's friends came, so I felt bad that Blake had a huge pile of gifts and Scott didn't have any...but  I think Scott's ultimate gift was the fact that the waterslide was in THEIR backyard and not OURS... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment