Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fathers' Day

Although I didn't actually get to see my dad on Fathers' Day this year, the weekend was really nice.  Scott and I went to Ruth's Chris on Friday night to celebrate both Fathers' Day and our anniversary.  We were seated in the wine room, and had the room entirely to ourselves.  Both the steak and the ambience were FABULOUS!  After dinner, we went to join my parents for drinks at the Four Seasons.  It was really neat to spend time listening time to the jazz band and drinking champagne...just like we had done together almost a year earlier!  On Saturday night, we took both of my grandfathers (and one of my grandmothers) to the Salt Lick for some BBQ.

It was really neat getting to spend time with them in honor of Fathers' Day, and I think they enjoyed each other's company!  At church on Sunday morning, all the fathers were given a backscratcher (VERY useful, Pastor Joe!), and that evening, Don, J.D. and Megan, and the kids all came over for fajitas and quality family time.  I am truely blessed with a family full of AMAZING men!

No comments:

Post a Comment