Wow. I can't believe I haven't posted since August...so much has happened since then! I was thinking about posting all of the "highlights" I've "missed" this year, but then that isn't really what a true blog is for.... so I decided that those things just won't make it into the blog. This year has been crazy busy, and I regret that I haven't had the time to devote much time to my "me-time" passions of reading, blogging, and scrapbooking.
Everyone has a hard time keeping New Year's resolutions. It's especially hard for me, because I don't even MAKE them. Well, I've decided all that changes this year...I am making resolutions. And I am posting them, so that I will also keep said resolutions. I figure if something's in writing, and published to where others can read, it's more likely to happen. So, here goes nothing:
2011 New Year's Resolutions
1. I will make time for myself. I will regularly update my blog. I will start scrapbooking again (at least get my wedding and honeymoon album finished!). I will read...I have a nook that hasn't been touched since school started...it's time to use it!
2. I will start exercising. My husband and I will take regular walks. If the weather's bad, or the temperature is too hot/cold, I will use one of my new Wii games
3. I will stop drinking carbonated beverages. I'm not supposed to anyway. Ok, if' I'm desperately craving a soda, I will at least pour it in a glass and let it go flat first.
4. I will have regular conversations with God. Not just at church. Or when I want something. Or before meals.
5. I will spend time with friends. Thanks to Facebook, I can keep up with my friends' lives, but I need to spend time with THEM, not the computer. If they live far away, I will call. If they live in town, we will have dinner parties, games... something. Connections that were once strong seem weak, and I think it's because lives are busy...but they should never be too busy!
Wish me luck, it's gonna take a lot of work... but I think if I manage to keep my resolutions all year long, 2011 will be the best one yet!