Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter Jam Resolution

Ok, so with New Years and resolutions and everything, there are all kinds of 14-, 30-, etc. day challenges being promoted...blah, blah, blah...whatever.  But this morning, I was listening to 92.1 K-LOVE and heard a challenge that I thought was worth honoring: listen to nothing but Christian music for 30 days and see how your perspective changes.  I'm excited about this for several reasons:
1.  I have been a church camp counselor for many years, and an "exec" committee member prior to that, so my contemporary Christian CD library from the late 1990's to the early 2000's is pretty extensive.  So, when I'm listening to the radio and decide I don't want to listen to the talk any more, the CD that is in my disc changer will most likely bring back fond memories.
2.  I might finally know some of the newest contemporary songs that are being sung at Celebration, so that I can sing along and not look like a fool just staring at the lyrics on the jumbo-tron.
3.  I have an excuse.  I have been listening to 96.7 recently to help my "cool" status - both in the middle school teacher AND stepmom realm.  Although the tunes are catchy and the lyrics are sometimes decent, I still cringe every time my youngest children (both under age 10) sing "let's go all the way tonight" with Katy Perry...silently praying they don't really understand what she means.
I have always enjoyed Christian music, so I don't think it will be difficult limiting myself based on music....one of my resolutions is to spend more time in conversation with God, so maybe the songs I hear will be a sign from Him...and I've been needing/wanting a perspective on life change...so, bring it on!  I look forward to what the next 30 days have to offer!  (Especially if it includes lots of Michael W. Smith...his voice is amazing, and his blue eyes are, well, also amazing!) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment