Thursday, January 20, 2011

Glued to the Tube

Since TV shows seem to be the latest blog topic (ex: Staci  and Randi), I figured that I would hop on the bandwagon and post about my favorites as well.

Currently, our DVR is recording the following series:
American Idol, Castle, Cougar Town, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Hawaii Five-O, House, How I Met Your Mother, Mike and Molly, Modern Family, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Bachelor, Toddlers and Tiaras, and V.

Our DVR also is scheduled to record these series when they air:
24, Dancing with the Stars, Flash Forward, HGTV Design Star, My Boys, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, and The Sing Off.

Holy cow...22 shows!  That's rediculous.  Thank goodness we stopped recording all the different versions of CSI and Law and Order!  There are some series we record that I refuse to watch, like Toddlers and Tiaras (recorded for the girls), 24, and V (my husband's "guilty pleasures").  There are also some series that I enjoy, but don't really watch, like House and Castle.  The kids love Extreme Makeover, Design Star, and Project Runway, so, they're reserved for "family viewings."  So that leaves ME responsible for the recording of...14 shows.  Yikes!  Well, maybe 13, because I'm not too optimistic about this season of American Idol...  Or 12, because I don't think Flash Forward is coming back on... And The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, and So You think you can Dance never air at the same time, so that makes 10, right?!

Here are my current top 5:
(I think...maybe...wow, ranking them is really hard)
5.  How I Met Your Mother
Barney is just too funny!
4.  NCIS: LA
Beats out the original NCIS because of its phenomenal character development.
...and because Chris O'Donnell is hot.
3.  Modern Family
Puts the fun in dysfunctional!
2.  Cougar Town
A show revolving around drinking wine...need I say more?
1.  Mike and Molly
A cute romantic comedy.
Best part: my husband loves it too!

But then, my heart reminds me that those are just my top 5 recorded shows.  What about all the shows on the Travel Channel, or Food Network, or the Cooking Channel?!  The ones that don't get recorded, because there's no way I can convince Scott to watch them with me on a regular basis?!  Don't they deserve a list, too?!  Yes, probably.  But not today.  Because I have just come to the realization that I am addicted to television.  Now I'm depressed. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know :) 24 is no longer on air! My heart hurts over this knowledge. I love Jack Bauer!

    ReplyDelete