Monday, December 27, 2010

Resolutions in Advance

Wow.  I can't believe I haven't posted since August...so much has happened since then!  I was thinking about posting all of the "highlights" I've "missed" this year, but then that isn't really what a true blog is for.... so I decided that those things just won't make it into the blog.  This year has been crazy busy, and I regret that I haven't had the time to devote much time to my "me-time" passions of reading, blogging, and scrapbooking.

Everyone has a hard time keeping New Year's resolutions.  It's especially hard for me, because I don't even MAKE them.  Well, I've decided all that changes this year...I am making resolutions.  And I am posting them, so that I will also keep said resolutions.  I figure if something's in writing, and published to where others can read, it's more likely to happen.  So, here goes nothing:

2011 New Year's Resolutions

1.  I will make time for myself.  I will regularly update my blog.  I will start scrapbooking again (at least get my wedding and honeymoon album finished!).  I will read...I have a nook that hasn't been touched since school started...it's time to use it!
2.  I will start exercising.  My husband and I will take regular walks.  If the weather's bad, or the temperature is too hot/cold, I will use one of my new Wii games
3.  I will stop drinking carbonated beverages.  I'm not supposed to anyway.  Ok, if' I'm desperately craving a soda,  I will at least pour it in a glass and let it go flat first.
4.  I will have regular conversations with God.  Not just at church.  Or when I want something.  Or before meals.
5.  I will spend time with friends.  Thanks to Facebook, I can keep up with my friends' lives, but I need to spend time with THEM, not the computer.  If they live far away, I will call.  If they live in town, we will have dinner parties, games... something.   Connections that were once strong seem weak, and I think it's because lives are busy...but they should never be too busy!

Wish me luck, it's gonna take a lot of work... but I think if I manage to keep my resolutions all year long, 2011 will be the best one yet!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great resolutions, Erin!! I'm jealous of your reading nook. You should totally use it! The best way I've ever found to exersize regularly is to just track workouts on a calendar posted on the fridge. It makes me want to fill in those squares and work out more this month than last! Good luck with all your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete