Monday, November 16, 2009

OU Still Sucks!

So this year, I got to go to the Red River Rivalry for the very first time! I was THRILLED to finally get to go, until that morning rolled around, and I was up on a Saturday before I am usually up during the week! However, after a quality breakfast of corn dogs and beer, I was ready to go!
The cows were out in full force, and you could have your picture taken with either the UT cow or the OU cow... The lady who took our picture also took a picture with her own camera to be hung up in the store, so our picture could be hanging in a Chick-Fil-A somewhere...
I don't know if it was the heat, the zebras, the lack of good football, or the fact that the game went on FOREVER, but I was less than impressed. But, hey, a W is still a W, right?! After the game we wandered the fair for awhile, but I was pretty much just ready to go home and SIT (since you don't do that AT ALL during a huge rivalry football game)! To top off my disappointment, we got a funnel cake, which didn't even cover the whole plate! What has happened to the fair?!?! The funnel cakes used to be impossible to eat yourself without being so full you were sick, and we were still hungry after ours! We somehow managed to weasel our way into the DART line, and make it out of the fair in a reasonable amount of time. Hopefully next year will be a more pleasant experience, overall!
Scott and I with my Parents at the Post-Game Celebration Dinner
The Longhorns were actually icing from our delicious cupcakes from Sprinkles.
(I do have to say, that is one fantabulous store! It only sells cupcakes! Why didn't I think of that?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment