Monday, November 16, 2009

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

October was a pretty crazy month! We went out of town almost every weekend...and driving long hours is not what I want to spend my too-short weekends doing, normally, but these trips were pretty fun! One weekend we went to Concordia Lutheran High School's annual dinner auction in The Woodlands. It was fun to kinda pamper myself in preparation! Chrysta spent an hour on my hair making it curly, then I went to see my gal Carrie at the Benefit counter at Macy's (the only makeup I wear...on days when I actually put makeup on, which is usually pretty few and far between!) The only problem with getting all dolled up beforehand was the fact that I had to stay awake for the entire trip! I usually fall asleep instantly in the car, so that was difficult for me!
Scott and I all Fancylike :-)

The auction itself was pretty cool. We got to sit at the Concordia University table thanks to Scott's dad, and it was really fun to spend the evening with his parents, brother, new sister-in-law, and close friends. I bid on several items in the silent auction, although I got outbid on most of them! The live auction was CRAZY! I bid on the longhorn steer (only after double -checking to make sure that someone else bid too, so I wouldn't have to pay $1500...), but the amount of money these parents were willing to pay to sit in the front row at graduation was UNBELIEVABLE!!! After that, there was a band and dancing...the best part of the whole auction, although most people left as soon as the live auction was over. Nights like that are always a blast, but I'm kinda glad they're few and far between...

I absolutely adore Scott and Jodi! I wish they lived closer, so we could hang out more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment