Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween was another one of those whirlwind weekends in October. We had the kids, and also had a wedding to attend in Dallas, so we loaded everyone up and headed to my parents' house. That weekend really tested me as a stepmom, because Kaitlin really didn't want to go, and was pulling every card she could think of to try and get out of it. She finally got in the spirit of things, and I think things between us are heading back to normal (or at least I hope they are!)...but who can tell with a teenager!

Any adventure with my parents wouldn't be complete without Mark taking at least one silly picture! He was helping Kennedy with her pumpkin and decided he needed to pose with a power tool. As you can see from her face, Kennedy is less than impressed!

The pumpkins with their carvers...then at night all lit up!
Scott and I weren't able to take the kids trick-or-treating, but my parents eagerly stepped in to do that job! The kids looked FANTASTIC - Kaitlin as an 80's rocker, Harrison a baseball player, and Kennedy "Jasmine," or an Arabian princess...most people thought she was a gypsy, but who cares?! She was adorable!


The wedding was a blast, it was so good to see everyone! It was hard explaining to Scott how I fit in with this group of people, though. I was the only public school girl in the mix, and was only friends with everyone because I had gone to preschool with Lauren, and we had been randomly running into each other ever since, keeping the friendship alive! The funniest part about the wedding was that when Lauren first introduced me to Karen (the bride), we HATED each other! I guess it's because we both have strong personalities... who knows! But, I'm so glad that quickly changed, and am grateful for the opportunity Lauren gave me to enter in her social circle and make friends I will cherish forever!
The Longhorns and their Ladies ;-)


The weekend flew by, and after church and a trip to the park, we were back on the road, ready to face whatever the next month had in store for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment